The AFL could learn a thing or two from the Olympic Games.
Depicting a nation’s history in an opening ceremony is a great idea.
How about the following ceremony to open this year’s AFL grand final:
– The ‘G’ is filled with trees and lots of Aborigines walking about;
– White people arrive, herd the Aborigines off and steal their kids;
– The trees are cut down and the ‘G’ filled with sheep;
– The rain stops, so farmers start shooting the sheep;
– An image of Parliament House is shown on the big screen so the crowd can boo;
– Finally, the ‘G’ is filled with boats and lots of refugees sailing about.
The music would still be provided by a jaded American singer from the 1980s.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.