Greg VincentWave FM radio announcer Greg Vincent has been found not guilty of breaking into the home of his ex-mistress and threatening to kill her.
Vincent, who had denied one count of aggravated breaking and entering to commit a serious indictable offence of intimidation, yesterday conceded this week’s trial had been one of the most difficult periods of his life.
The 49-year-old closed his eyes and released a long breath as the jury foreman delivered the not- guilty verdict about 10.30 yesterday morning.
It took the jury just one hour of deliberation following the conclusion of the four-day trial on Thursday.
Vincent had vehemently denied allegations that he broke into his former lover’s Warilla home in the early hours of December 28 last year, grabbed her around the throat and threatened to kill her if she told police, stating the woman’s claims were “absolutely ridiculous”.
He told the jury this week he believed the woman was responsible for an onslaught of harassment against him including graffiti outside the Warrawong station and letters sent to his wife, aiming to expose the pair’s long-term affair.
The court heard the woman allegedly continued to contact Vincent after he ended their four-year tryst in November last year, sometimes phoning more than 100 times a day.
Vincent, who is currently on leave from the station, declined to speak outside Wollongong District Court yesterday, but released a statement saying he was pleased his name had been cleared. “I wish to thank my family and friends for their steadfast support during the trial and the period leading up to it, which has been one of the most difficult periods of my life,” Vincent said.
“I am pleased [I can] resume my normal life and my employment on radio broadcasting.
“[I found] the criminal trial, conducted before Judge Paul Conlon, to be fair and balanced … Wollongong is very fortunate to have such a judge presiding over its criminal courts.”
Defence solicitor Anthony Autore yesterday made an application for costs, claiming facts had come to light during the trial which should have been in the prosecution case.
The matter will be heard in December.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲学校.